Saturday, March 25, 2000

Come Back, Yeller!

There was a point in my life when Old Yeller was absolutely, unequivocably my favorite movie. I haven't watched it lately, but I am nearly certain that my eyes will still be raining buckets at the end the next time I see it. Very few movies make me cry, but this is a notable exception. (The only other movie that rates so highly on my tearjerker list is "Willie: The Whale who wanted to sing at the Met," and that is really only a small portion of the movie "Make Mine Music".)

Any connaisseur of classic live-action Disney films will recognize the trio that star in this movie. The actors playing the two brothers were seen in movies such as "Swiss Family Robinson" and "The Shaggy Dog," also playing brothers. Many of the movies in which they are brothers include the "Old Yeller" mom as their mother.

Packed with good old-fashioned, wholesome Disney adventure and humor, this movie is sure to be enjoyed by viewers of any age. Beware, though: If you by chance do not know how the movie ends, have a box of tissues on hand to dry your eyes. This heartwarming tale will touch the heart of anyone who has ever loved a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment