Tuesday, April 4, 2000

Don't Want Me for a Surgeon

It's been a long time since I've played this game, but I have fond memories of my cousins and I huddling around that poor plastic man, tweezers in hand. The concentration was so intense, you could hear a pin drop -- and if any of us did, we jumped halfway to the ceiling in fright, dropping whatever body part we had so carefully been trying to remove.

And then it came...the dreaded BUZZ! Accompanied, of course, by the flashing red nose. Is this guy the human version of Rudolph, or what? The ideal, of course, was to avoid that noise at all costs. Not only would it mean I had lost, but no one else wanted me to drop my piece because the nose alarm was so grating on the ears! Even still, I got the BUZZ often enough to tell me that I was perhaps not the ideal candidate to consider a career as a surgeon.

This game is a lot of fun for young children to play. It teaches them their body parts, and they will be so intent on doing the operation correctly that it will keep them quiet for quite a while. Except, of course, when that infernal buzzer goes off! So, for your sake, I would suggest you wait until your children are old enough to have a pretty steady hand before buying this game for them. The pieces are also quite tiny, and the last thing you need is your two-year-old swallowing another kidney!

No comments:

Post a Comment