Wednesday, April 12, 2000

Do You Believe in Angels?

I do, and I was thrilled when my grandma first sent this magazine along to us a couple years ago. It is filled with inspiring true stories about angel encounters from all across the globe. Like "Chicken Soup for the Soul," most of the stories are sent in by ordinary readers. Sometimes the stories leave me wondering if perhaps divine intervention was involved, and sometimes there is no room for doubt in my mind. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people have poured their angelic experiences out on paper to share with the world. Each tale is different, but they are all tied together by the sense of peace each of the writers was left with.

Because those "touched by an angel" come from so many walks of life, not all of them have any professional writing experience. But the beauty of the encounter shines through every time, whether the account is written by a retired schoolteacher, a mechanic, or a kindergartner.

In this hectic world, it's very comforting to think that there are angels looking out for us. Whenever I escape a harrowing situation, I cannot help but wonder...was that a wingtip that just brushed past my shoulder? The stories in this magazine will leave you amazed and peaceful, and they very well may inspire you to lighten the angels' load by performing random acts of kindness whenever you get the opportunity.

This is one of the very few magazines which I read cover to cover, and it always leaves me thirsting for more. If you need some inspiration, just stop at the nearest bookstore's magazine rack and pick up a copy. Just remember, "Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment