Tuesday, September 2, 2003

The Deep Dark Secrets of Bilbopooh... (Bella4's Countdown Writeoff)


Well, after reading a number of these write-off entries, I finally decided to bite the bullet and submit one myself. I'm not so good at lists; I always wind up looking at them afterwards and saying, "Wait! I should have said this!" or "Ugh! Why did I say that?" But here goes.

***10 Bands You’ve Been Listening To Lately***
My musical tastes have remained very consistent throughout my life. For the most part, I listen to the same music my parents listen to, so a lot of it has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. There are dozens of musicians whose works I enjoy, but I guess these are my top 10, at least at the moment: Simon and Garfunkel (***love*** them), John Denver (***love*** him too), the Irish Rovers (long live Ireland!), Don McLean, the Beatles, James Taylor, Billy Joel, Elton John and a newbie, the divine Clay Aiken (***THUD***).

***9 Things I Look Forward To***
I look forward to having a steady source of income, to getting a book published (keeping my fingers crossed), seeing Simon and Garfunkel on tour with the Everly Brothers this fall (it sounds official...), receiving my Celtic harp in the mail next week, getting my Simon and Garfunkel Concert in the Park DVD in the mail this week, reaching the 500 review mark on Epinions, Wednesday pizza night with Grandma, going to the grocery store (food is fun!) and seeing my article published in the Erie Times-News this Sunday. I don't want to think too far ahead...

***8 Things I Like To Wear***
I'm not too particular about clothing, never have been. But let's see... Pooh clothes of any kind, my class rings, my glasses, my ratty old Pooh winter coat, khaki pants, shorts, novelty t-shirts, and chenille.

***7 Things That Annoy Me***

Computer sound effects!!! (My brother Nathan, conversely, is annoyed when I turn off the volume...) Others: loud noises of any kind, people making fun of my taste, people being rude to Nathan, mean-spiritedness, buzzing insects, and the sun in my eyes.

***6 Things You Touch Everyday***

My computer keyboard, my dog's fur, my cat's fur, my glasses, my hair, and food.

***5 Things You Do Everyday***

Read, write, spend quality time with my parents and Nathan, cuddle my pets, and sing.

***4 People You Want to Spend Time With***

Mom, Dad, Nathan, and Sandy.

***3 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over Again***

Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, and Forrest Gump.

***2 of My Favorite Bands at the Moment***

Simon and Garfunkel and Clay Aiken!!!!

***1 Person That You’d Spend the Rest of Your Life With***

I've always been a homebody, and it's still hard for me to imagine spending my life with anybody other than my parents. I just want to stay close to my folks, but I won't rule out the possibility of somebody sweeping me off my feet someday...

Well, that's about it. One day I'll be especially creative and come up with my own Write-Off, but this will have to do for now! Don't forget to check out the lists of Bella4 and the other participants in this write-off too. Hope I lent a little insight into the eccentricity that is Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment